Picking an outfit can be tough! Here are a few tips to help.
Newborn Photography Outfits for Mom
- Mom should pick her outfit first and everyone can coordinate around it.
- Wear something that is comfortable and makes you feel good.
- Consider wearing something with texture like sweaters and knits
- Dress in lighter/neutral colors for a softer look and to avoid color casts on your skin
- Avoid clothes that wrinkle easily
- Avoid busy patterns and graphic tees
- Baby will mostly likely be swaddled or at least have a diaper on most of the session. I have cloth for swaddling but if you have any specific requests for outfits/blankets/family heirlooms let’s chat.
Newborn Photography Outfits for Dad
- Keep it simple for dads – gray or khaki pants and a light colored dress shirt, henley or polo shirt.
- Also avoid busy patterns and graphic tees.
What about props?
If you have special props or heirlooms you’d like to incorporate into your session, no problem!
March 20, 2022